I did some cleaning up of the online variety yesterday and came across a blog draft from October. All those months ago, Mel nominated me for a sunshine award (the latest of the blog awards doing the rounds at the time). I never did my reply post because I felt a bit naff and braggy. But since I also did feel flattered and since it’s a sunshiney kind of day, I shall finally post this.
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? I’ll go with Aristotle. My Pinterest boards are littered with his words.
2. What is your favourite number?
5. I don’t know why but I’ve just always loved it and I usually do things in fives. I also like 3 & 7. Prime numbers are where it’s at! I’m sure Freud would have some kind of theory about what this means.
3. What is your favourite animal?
Dogs! And I also love Pandas. The pics below are of me with childhood dog Mishka and also a Panda that I fell in love with at Beijing Zoo. I also really like birds – but only of the ceramic variety :)
4. What are your other social media accounts?
I’m Janine Shamley-Jackson on Facebook & Pinterest. My Twitter & Instagram handles are @Neenjackson. Let’s be friends?
5. What is your favourite time of day?
I love early mornings when half of the world is still asleep. I also like the twilight/dusky time of day. As my friend Jay pointed out last week, there’s something magical about the light at that time.
6. What was your favourite vacation?
Stalemate between my first Europe trip and my Hawaiian holiday.
7. What is your favourite physical activity?
I love boxing. Love!!!!!!!!! I also love to run however I’m accepting that it might not be for me. I always end up with so many injuries!
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
9. What is your favourite flower?
I pretty much love all flowers except for the standard red rose with baby breath kinda thing. I don’t much like gerbera either – I think florists have over done it wouldn’t you say?
10. What is your passion?
My passions are my husband, my family, my friends, reading and cooking.
And now I am meant to pass the baton to 10 bloggers who are favourites of mine. I won’t tag them as such, since it seems this Sunshine Award moment has passed. But here are 10 blogs that bring a lot of sunshine to my days:
The first five are my real life friends so I particularly love reading about their lives.
- Emma’s blog is all about a beautiful soul on life’s journey.
- Erin has two blogs. One that she and her husband write together. Then there’s one she writes herself which I’ve only just discovered.
- Selina’s blog is filled with witticisms, book loving and recipes.
- Juanita’s posts are good food for thought. Find here over here.
I also love these Aussie bloggers:
- Bespoke for indie design, craft and vintage.
- Epheriell Designs written by the lovely Jess whose jewellery business I am fascinated by! She’s amazing.
- In the thick of it is written by Sandi, the editor in chief of Onya Magazine which is one of my favourite news sites.
- Woogsworld is impossible for me to read without ending up in fits of giggle. On a daily basis now, E asks me what Mrs Woog has been up to. He likes her too.
- Deb’s two blogs. One on health and fitness and the other on thoughts and musings about all sorts of different things.
And of course, if you aren’t already following the lovely Mel, do yourself a favour and go to her blog now.
Over and out.