February has been a splendid month. My 2012 is really ticking along quite nicely and I hope yours is too.
My highlights from the past 29 days:
1) Skyping with Lucas.
2) Being pleasantly surprised by all the cuteness on display at the Morisset Show. There were masks made of leaves and amusing displays of fruit people. And now I have a new life goal. Not only do I want to be a Country Women’s Association cake judge one day, I also want to bake a cake that is given a blue ribbon by the Country Women’s Association. Yes, I see conflicts of interest in my future.
3) Feeding all these sweet little goaties at a property near my parents place.
4) Discovering the new tea and spice stall at Morisset Mega Markets. I felt like I was back in Istanbul! I’ve been making lots of spice blends with all the loot I bought from the stand.
5) Going to both of these musicals. I had high expectations for Annie but I felt just a teensy bit let down. I had low expectations for Love Never Dies but was blown away! And Capitol Theatre is really quite pretty on the inside.
6) Good books and good TV. Howl’s Moving Castle was my favourite read in Feb. Such imagination! Such world building! Such lovely writing! I got lost in this book and found it hard to come back to the real world where there are no wizards, no witches and no spells!
Generation Kill is a short series that we smashed our way through over a few nights. It has Alexander Skarsgård in it and I liked seeing him play something other than a vampire. Although I kept forgetting he wasn’t Eric and at times and when he’d get angry I’d fear for the other character’s necks!
7) Breakfast at The Runcible Spoon in Camperdown. I must confess that the only reason I went there was because I love The Owl & The Pussy Cat. But it was well worth it! The baked eggs were amazing! The only other time I’ve had baked eggs was at Clipper Cafe in Glebe and they weren’t so great there. But this version was delish. Plus there’s Edward Lear quotes on the wall!
8) Breakfast at Ampersand Cafe in Surry Hills. Hurrah for a cafe that sells books! I had a lovely window seat and the sun shone upon my smoked salmon. Thank you God for Sunday mornings.
9) Breakfast at Bay 80 in Pyrmont. I seem to have eaten a lot of eggs this month!
10) The cricket! Man, the cricket is so much fun IRL. I loathe it on TV but I really love it when I’m there. And we had seriously awesome seats in a corporate box that didn’t sell. Happy husband = happy Neen!
11) Dinner at The Pie Tin in Newtown. I had a delectable pulled pork pie followed by this maltesers pie. It was so sweet that I could only eat a small amount but the spoonfuls I did have were a total bliss out.
12) Swimming with and feeding sharks and stingrays in Nelson’s Bay. Well, I didn’t actually do the swimming or feeding but I enjoyed observing this happen. That’s husband below with his Mum and nephew. They had a fab time!
13) Milly’s one-der-ful birthday party. She had an owl theme which was really sweet. And how clever is Juanita, making such a tops cake!?
14) Cooper’s 2nd birthday. He and Kade looked so adorable dressed up as Buzz Lightyear and Woody. And even though I think the Wiggles are tossers, I loved Coops’ cake!
15) A lovely Sydney day with Aunty B. We strolled through Hyde Park, went to the Art Gallery, had foot massages and ate spicy food. Fun times peoples, fun times.
16) Dinner club (and holiday planning, squee!) at Monkey Mya, in Darlinghurst.
What fun things have you got up to this past month?
9 thoughts on “Things I’ve loved about February”
Happy happy month of adventures!
You make me feel as if Ive achieved nothing this past month!!!
I only made it through number six. I shall return. Very eventful month–a short month at that!
I like packing lots into my life :)
Returned to your list and am now very hungry! I’ll have to blog about some of my favorite eateries here in the Bay Area. Well, it wasn’t in Feb–I’m obviously a bit behind–but on Mar 1st I finally saw a singer I kept missing at one of my favorite nightclubs.
Oh yes, you should definitely do some food blogging! San Fran seems like such a beautiful city. Would love to see more of it on your blog :)
Wow! A great month. LOVE all of the pictures – and people who make kids’ cakes are so clever (and patient!!!).
Hope you have a great March!
PS. I love the look of the maltesers pie! Mmmmmm…..
I know, I don’t think I could ever make cakes like my friends do! That malteasers pie though, I think I could recreate that. Yum!
What a fabulous month you’ve had Neen!!! Thank you for sharing a bit of it with us xox
[…] I look back at my posts, highlighting the best bits of January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November & December I realise […]