Husband’s two favourite types of music are metal and classical. I like this about him. He really does have quite diverse tastes.
Unfortunately for me though, Metallica and piano concertos are both the kind of music that make me want to throw myself from the balcony or jump out of the car.
So we have play list of CDs that we both like and will listen to on long drives. The list is so familiar that if I close my eyes while we’re on the freeway, I know exactly where we are just based on which song we’re up to.
It goes a little something like this:
1) Odyssey number five by Powderfinger – the best album ever released if you ask me!
2) Nirvana unplugged in New York. We’ve both loved Nirvana since we were teenagers. Wish Kurt was still around.
3) Red Hot Chilli Peppers Greatest Hits. These songs remind us of when we were just getting to know each other :) And also of Gibbo and Jake, two guys we hung out with a lot at school.
4) Black Holes and Revelation, Muse. This album came out in 2006 but we only discovered it a couple of years ago and we loooove it!
5) The Resistance, Muse. My favourite song on this album is Uprising and I loved the So you think you can dance performance done to this song a few years back.
6) (What’s The Story) Morning Glory, Oasis. This is the only Oasis album I’ve ever really liked. Wonderwall and Don’t look back in anger are my two favourites.
7) Dookie, Green Day. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of When I come around. It kind of takes me back to my teenage years spent hanging out with Roz :)
We also like to mix it up a bit with Crowded House and Smashing Pumpkins every now and again.
What are your favourite albums?