I think I’ve probably made this dish for everyone I know. Here’s the adapted recipe, as requested :)
– 8 slices of ciabatta bread
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 chilli
– 8 rashes of chopped bacon
– A few sprigs of thyme
– 300gms of mushrooms – use as many different kinds as you can find!
– 100gms of mozzarella
– Olive oil.
1) Chargrill the bread in a large pan. Once it’s cooled, tear it into pieces and toss it into a bowl.
2) Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
3) Crush the garlic and add to the bread.
4) Chop the chilli and add to the bread mixture. Mix it all around and get the lovely flavours going.
5) Add the bacon.
6) Pull off all the thyme leaves, then add to the bowl.
7) Tear all the mushrooms into bite sized pieces, add to the mixture.
8) Add a few tablespoons of good quality olive oil, toss the mixture, then place into a baking dish.
9) Cover the dish with some extra thyme and a few big pieces of mozzarella cheese.
10) Bake at 160 degrees celsius for about 20-30 minutes until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are soft.