Is this not the cutest poster you have ever seen? If it only had books on there then I would snap it up in a second. For I really do love all of those things. Especially the last one :)
Month: February 2011
The people I have to deal with
My manager received the following item of spam in his inbox the other day:
Subject: Order to Cyprus
I will like to order some products in your company. But i want to know if you
do ship to Cyprus and if Visa or Master Card is accepted. Please, kindly let
me know if you can assist me with the order. And, please, do not forget to
include your web page or price list of the available items in stock in your
reply to my request.
I await your quick and pleasant reply as soon as you receive my email. And, i
will be very glad if my email is treated with a great concern.
He could have just ignored it but instead decided to reply. His response was:
We sell water. Does Cyprus need water? It’s very heavy and Cyprus is a long way so will cost a lot to ship. It also depends on how long you need it to last. For example an average person in Sydney uses around 330 litres a day. That’s about three baths full of water. Have you ever tried to pick up a bath full of water? I tried once and I’m still having physio on my back.
I presume you would want more than a day’s worth. You can’t really live more than a few days without water so you should think seriously about more than a day, perhaps a year. I can send you detailed quote, but ballpark I reckon it would be somewhere in the region of half a million Australian dollars. Not sure what that is in Cyprus currency, but it’s quite a lot. Mastercard is fine but you might want to give the bank a heads up that a large purchase will be coming out. Hopefully they’ll up your limit.
We haven’t got great pictures of water on our website, but if you turn your tap on, ours looks pretty much the same. Ours tastes much nicer though.
Does that work for you? Let me know and I’ll get a detailed quote to you.
Do you see people? Do you see the crazies I have to work with every day?
Around the net I go
Be sure to check out her wedding snaps – anyone that wears red shoes and polish on her wedding day rocks in my eyes.
Also this evening while in happy internet land I found this gorgeous nail polish which I simply have to find. I don’t need it and it probably won’t suit my skin colour but I have to have it.
Loves and disloves
– week day sleep overs at Kylie and Sheela’s place (even if they did let me leave for work with my cardi inside out!)
– google reader (and the 95 blogs I have in it!)
– messy hair (my only option, but still)
– glittery nail polish (on other people)
– Opalin (Ian’s world of war craft character who is a ferocious, purple cat that jumps around a lot)
– a marriage proposal on Q&A (go Sheela’s cousin!)
– overusing brackets (they rock)
– teeth turned blue from too many M &Ms
– Joshua Jackson. Oh Pacey. I suspect that I have in me a whole separate blog about you
– mustard coloured shoes
– Serendipity’s lamington icecream. As Sheels would say – Yummikins!
– discovering that random people have signed up to my blog. Hello random people! You maketh my days.
– chicken. Given that they don’t serve any obvious purpose in the ecosystem, can they please be made extinct so that I never have to see one or see someone else eating one ever again
– food poisoning (thanks to the dodgyness of a certain bird listed above)
-the water chiller thing at work. It sometimes needs to be flipped forward to dispense water and it sometimes needs to be flipped backwards to dispense water. Get your shit together water chiller thing
– people who burn toast at work and force us to evacuate via 28 flights of stairs
– the fact that I do not have a hermit crab like my nephew Drew does.
Mustard shoes and glittery nails – lovely!
Five foto Friday
Five fotos I like today
Happy, happy, joy, joy
Amazing, thy name is Alissa
Quite separate from her general, all round, sort of amazingness, are some particularly amazing things that I think I need to mention.
First of all, Alissa has become the highly talented queen of craft.
Ever since she returned from her overseas sojourn earlier this year, she’s started to produce gorgeous brooches, gorgeous rings and GORGEOUS Christmas decorations.
“Is that FELT you have there?”, her luvah asks suspiciously.
“Why yes, it certainly is!”, she replies with glee. “For I have a project! I am crafting!”
At Alissa’s suggestion, we didn’t buy each other Christmas gifts last year. Instead we handmade presents. Please view exhibits A through C below. I expect that you will want to oooh and ahhh with delight.
Sometimes I start watching a movie and get confused. “Have I seen this before?’, I wonder. But no, it’s just that Alissa has at some point given me a detailed synopsis.