I have a highly fabulous family. Not everyone is as lucky and I am grateful that I have been so blessed.
My extended family have semi regular catch ups, with Christmas, Easter, Mothers Day and Fathers Day locked in as key dates on the get together calendar.
My favourite parts of today were:
- Dad being more than just a little bit excited about roasting a baby pig on the spit (this was also the most disturbing part of the day
- Mum defending her useless oven in the way someone with a horrible child defends their angelic-ness
- Leigh’s delicious mint, lime and lemongrass drink
- Amanda’s potato bake
- Seeing Roz’s baby bump. I can’t wait to meet her little girl!
- Watching the dvd of Hayley’s trial HSC music performance. She’s so freaking talented!
- Playing with little Lucas. He reached out for me to hold him and also copied me making fish faces. The highlights of my day!
After weekends like this, I always find it hard to leave everyone and drive back to Sydney.
“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.”