I have a highly fabulous family. Not everyone is as lucky and I am grateful that I have been so blessed.
My extended family have semi regular catch ups, with Christmas, Easter, Mothers Day and Fathers Day locked in as key dates on the get together calendar.
I love Fathers Day weekend in particular because one of my grandfather’s has a birthday as well. That means that Aunty B always flies in for the weekend and when she’s around things are crazier, busier, funnier.
I was lucky today to be with my Dad and my two grandfathers. One who turned 83 and one who is 94! Wowzers.
My favourite parts of today were:
- Dad being more than just a little bit excited about roasting a baby pig on the spit (this was also the most disturbing part of the day
- Mum defending her useless oven in the way someone with a horrible child defends their angelic-ness
- Leigh’s delicious mint, lime and lemongrass drink
- Amanda’s potato bake
- Seeing Roz’s baby bump. I can’t wait to meet her little girl!
- Watching the dvd of Hayley’s trial HSC music performance. She’s so freaking talented!
- Playing with little Lucas. He reached out for me to hold him and also copied me making fish faces. The highlights of my day!
After weekends like this, I always find it hard to leave everyone and drive back to Sydney.
“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.”